- Support the system engineering of Customer Use cases and functions to ensure correct level of granularity and maximise harmonisation across systems.
- Incorporate customer use case functions into a functional architecture library.
- Assess design impact of introducing a new feature/technology using functional architecture models (implementation agnostic).
- Assess design impact of introducing/enhancing a feature/technology using the functional architecture library.
- Develop and lead the allocation of functional architecture models (LADs) into system architecture design (SAD) and link to the full functional vehicle architecture model.
- Develop and maintain the interface control database for the system architecture design.
- Support system integration, Use Case Owners, and test engineers to define test plans and test cases for virtual and physical environments.
- Lead the execution of the interface failure analysis.
- The ideal candidate should be enthusiastic and a strategic thinker.
- Extensive knowledge of Assisted and Automated driving systems.
- Good relevant experience of working in a Systems Engineering environment.
- Working knowledge of Model Based Systems Engineering.
- Excellent communicator and the ability to present technical ideas and issues to all levels of the company.
- Ability to author and review requirements either through a model or through requirements defined in a structured format such as EARS.
- Working knowledge of different vehicle network technologies and the advantages of each network.
- Working knowledge of the MathWorks toolchain and the creation of modelling artifacts within the MathWorks tools.
- The ability to perform objective assessment of a system and log data from a vehicle network.
- The ability to use data to rationalise decision making associated with the vehicle architecture and perform trade off analysis.
- Knowledge of Virtual Validation including Driving Simulators would be advantageous.
- Knowledge of Customer Quality Process and Metrics.
- Working knowledge or experience of Agile Working Practices.
- Working knowledge of AutoSAR software architecture.
- Working knowledge of frame packing and ordering of bytes to support the creation of a vehicle network.
- Working knowledge of Dassult toolchain (Magic, MSOSA, EEW) and creating modelling artefacts in at least one of these tools.