You will be part of cutting-edge design team, delivering not only concept ideation but also assisting with the delivery of production vehicles, responsible for initial sketches right the way through to full size concept and production verification models. Whilst your main purpose will be to focus on the recently launched BE brand, which is our pure electric SUV range, there will also be opportunities to work alongside our multi-talented team in India, supporting design across the whole Mahindra platform.
Key Accountabilities & Responsibilities:
- Being able to develop a full understanding of our brand strategy, you will be able to demonstrate creative proficiency, proactively participating in the creation and collaboration of our current and future designs.
- Able to verbalise your designs, you will be responsible for generating 2D and 3D proposals for review, reconceiving your ideas, based on feedback and collaboration.
- You will be required to take design direction from the Studio Director and instruct the team accordingly. Assisting the Chief in mentoring and guiding the team and ensuring that the Brand Values and Strategy are embodied and implemented in our output.
- Responsible for researching, concept sketches and final illustrations, providing input to both our hard modelling and digital team. You will also be comfortable attending technical meetings, liaising with engineers and representing the interests of Design to other departments within the business.
Skills & Experience:
- Educated to degree standard in Automotive design or equivalent, you will have extensive interior or exterior design experience, gained within an automotive OEM.
- You will have strong automotive technical knowledge, with capabilities to design both manually and digitally, using a variety of software.
- With exceptional visualisation skills, you will be able to communicate your ideas effectively, demonstrating creative proficiency.
- Ideally, you will have 10 years + proven automotive design experience, with delivery of production programmes