As Environmental Health and Safety Manager, you are responsible for all HS&E aspects of the business including the EHS culture, objectives, policies, procedures and monitoring systems. This is a technical and managerial position which requires a comprehensive knowledge of UK EHS laws and regulations. You will focus much of your attention on working with your line managers to ensure they have the skills, knowledge and behaviours to deliver our EHS vision.; This position requires an individual who can operate as a member of a management team, coaching and challenging as appropriate, to ensure we collectively meet our targets and objectives. The incumbent will be expected to function at a high level of effectiveness with limited supervision other than regular verification of plans, strategies and outcomes.
Key Tasks and Accountabilities:
- Represents the location’s General Manager in EHS matters
- Coaches line leadership and provide professional support in the execution of their EHS responsibilities,
- Leads, mentors and coaches the EHS Professionals in their duties
- Ensures that the organisational EHS model and EHS Hoshin strategy is maintained and effective, and continuously improved
- Develops, maintains, improves and implements the EHS policy and procedures with focus on prevention and risk reduction,
- Takes appropriate action to ensure compliance with applicable legislation, permits, the location’s EHS policy and internal FSG standards,
- Is responsible for direct contacts with the authorities regarding EHS matters,
- Is responsible for tracking changes and trends in EHS areas and continuous improvement of the EHS programs,
- Develops clear EHS accountability for all levels in the organisation,
- Ensures adequate resources and knowledge to develop, execute and maintain EHS programs,
- Ensures that an operational emergency plan is implemented and effective (BCM plan) • Advises and supports plant management in the EHS policy (goals, year plan, reviews)
Shift Pattern/Working Hours: A total of 37 hours per week. Monday to Thursday, (8:30am to 5:00pm) and Friday (8:30am to 1:30pm) with a 30 minutes unpaid lunch break each day except Friday.