Based within the Vehicle Attributes Department, the Lead Engineer will provide technical leadership to the aero team and support CE in leading the development of the aerodynamics capability within the business.
The Aerodynamics team is responsible for:
- Providing technical expertise in Vehicle Aerodynamics
- Providing technical input towards the delivery of engineering solutions for vehicle concepts and advanced engineering projects.
- Providing and maintaining state-of-the-art CAE based simulation to determine aerodynamic characteristics of vehicles and systems.
- Leading and conducting the test and development of full size and scale vehicle models.
The Lead Engineer, Aerodynamics will provide technical leadership to the aero team and be responsible for the following:
- Overseeing the digitalization and automation of the CFD process.
- Developing and maintaining up-to-date processes to support aerodynamics targets setting and to evaluate the aerodynamic performance of vehicle concepts and to identify design solutions.
- Working closely with the programme Engineering and Design teams to ensure that vehicle attribute performance requirements are achieved in the advanced concept phases.
Additionally, they will support the CE in leading the development of the aerodynamics capability within the business.
Main Activities & Tasks
- Management and development of company Aerodynamics Digital capability.
- Develop and implement strategy for delivery of Digital aerodynamics within the company.
- Lead aerodynamics attribute integration within Design Studio.
- Leadership of vehicle programme Digital aerodynamics attribute delivery including:
- Vehicle and system aerodynamic benchmarking studies.
- Generation of aerodynamic targets.
- Providing design guidelines for design and component areas.
- Development programmes to meet vehicle attribute and system targets.
- Resolution of aerodynamic issues, working closely with design and engineering functions, directing design changes based on analysis and test output.
- Provide input to company aerodynamics team through Digital knowledge share, process and capability development and training.
- Critique and feedback on CAE studies received from 3rd party agencies / suppliers. • Lead the generation of engineering reports and provide presentations as required.
- Support and liaise with customers and suppliers as applicable to project requirements.