The studio engineering role will contribute to the development and ongoing improvement of our world class UK design operation.
Main Activities & Tasks
• Studio Engineering TECHNICAL SPECIALIST
• Provide studio engineering support from initial concept design through manufacturing feasibility to prototype development and into volume production and vehicle launch.
• EXPERT Knowledge required in the areas of Studio Engineering and Design support, incl. Class A surfacing, BIW and Trim (interior and exterior) design and development
• Analyzing daily package and feasibility issues with Design, Clay / Digital Modelling and engineering teams and proposing world-class solutions
• MANAGING Surface and Design reviews to highlight and clarify areas of concern, and also to propose appropriate solutions
• Support the VCIM (Vehicle Concepts Integration Meeting) process
• Participation in aerodynamic reviews / other technical & functional reviews.
• Preparing technical proposals, vehicle overlays, comparison sections, data sheets, screenshots and power points to present at design reviews.
• Interpreting legislative requirements such as vision angles / zones, etc. to ensure compliance by the Design Surface Models.
• Verifying data and distributing between Engineering, Modelling, Manufacturing and Suppliers
• Performing Formal Data Release into TCUA database and distribution of release notes
• Assist core engineering team with the development of the Master Sections Book
• Attending meetings with manufacturers of both interior and exterior model stacks to resolve on-going issues in a time-effective way
• Checking incoming data to confirm feasibility and compatibility with design intent
• Co-ordination and facilitation of multiple cross-functional teams and studio engineers to resolve issues
• Support of issues management process and Design feasibility check FC process.
Excellent package and opportunity. Call Rachel NOW on 07810 000924 or apply online with CV Library or LinkedIn