- Act as the initial point of contact for internal Manufacturing IT system related concerns from internal employees Create Helpdesk tickets and respond in a timely manner to email and phone call requests for technical assistance.
- Effortlessly engage with callers, actively listen, analyze, and isolate tech issues.
- Calmly provide conflict resolution and navigate frustrated customer situations.
- Troubleshoot various Manufacturing application including MES and other Quality tools.
- Attend in-person meetings with clients to analyze, troubleshoot and diagnose problems.
- Detail these issues and propose system or business improvements to mitigate future occurrences Complete detailed reports listing requests for technical assistance, steps taken to resolve them, and the specific dates/individuals involved.
- Assist management in creating training materials pertaining to computer troubleshooting and usage. Organize and file technical support documentation and instructional guides for future reference.
- Drive incident cycle time reduction through prompt responses to issues, detect reoccurring issues, and drive incident investigations
- Escalate complex issues to level 3 when needed. Identify repetitive issues and assist in automating or resolving these items to provide the best possible user experience.Remain current with manufacturing applications and technologies.
- Available and willing to work overtime, weekends, and holidays to complete the support task
- Individuals must have experience with complex automated manufacturing systems Understand the ISA-95 standard for production automation
- Experience with SQL is requiredExcellent interpersonal skills, energetic, a self-starter with outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills along with demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously General understanding of conventional Manufacturing applications and IT system communication methods including network architecture, file drop, XML, SOAP, and TCP/IP communication protocols Knowledge of Rockwell MES is a plus.
- 1-3 years of experience in Manufacturing application support is a plus.
- This is the education and experience you should have: College, university, or equivalent degree in Information Technology, Business, Manufacturing, Industrial, Engineering or a related subject required.