The Body Structure team is a growing unit. Our mission is to deliver class leading mechanical platforms, focusing on structural performance design efficiency and light weighting, offering Pure, Progressive, Performance, to provide a Customer Experience that exceeds their expectations.
Reporting to the Chief Engineer the Principal Engineer takes responsibility for the delivery of a body structure area critical to the success of the Body Structure team within the Body Structures Function Group. You will be a key part of program delivery providing technical leadership to your team responsible for the engineering, development, and integration of Body Structure systems into the overall vehicle architecture for vehicles.
Your responsibilities will be:
- Provide technical leadership of system design and development.
- To represent the Body Structure Function Group as a credible authority on structural performance aspects.
- To translate programme deliverables into a successful plan of work for the team, to deliver within the programme budget and timescale.
- Adoption/creation of applicable test, development and design standards, guidelines, and procedures.
- Ensure that the hardware content & design enables system & vehicle level attribute targets to be met.
- Ensure design for manufacture to support cost effective production.
- Take the lead in design & manufacturing reviews with management and executive team.
- Directive input of the multiple system bill of materials & management of the content to meet mass, cost & investment targets.
- Define and deliver release plans and activities to support vehicle build stages.
- Works seamlessly across the teams to ensure a collaborative approach is applied to the delivery of the projects
- Provide direction, guidance & coaching to more junior members of the team to support their development.
- The Principal Engineer will lead a team of design and project engineers responsible for both technical delivery and team development.
Who you are
- You have a strong wish to create the future of electric vehicles. You are enthusiastic, motivated, well-organised and driven. You’re not afraid to try new approaches and unconventional methods, and you work well both individually and with leading teams. You have a holistic view, including vision, business, and customers.
- You will have several years’ experience in a leadership position in a related field. Detailed knowledge and understanding of the requirement for the development of Body Structure systems. Technical and personal credibility, working effectively with other functional teams and business functions.
- Strong leadership with the ability to influence and motivate others to achieve the best possible results.
This positions offers an excellent package, If you are an innovative, open-minded person who believes that electrification is the future of the auto industry, we would like to hear from you contact Rachel Adams for more information.