Our Client is is a global partner to the automotive and Mobility ecosystem for making software-defined vehicles a reality. It is a leading independent software development and integration partner helping mobility leapfrog towards a clean, smart, and safe future. An opportunity has arisen for a Technical Lead for Wiring Harness to work on a full time basis at their office in Coventry (Hybrid).
- Technically capable in all areas of the EDS commodity ranging from key component selection, EDS architecture and Harness topology,
- Sound knowledge of High Voltage installations, specifications, and standards
- Ability to work within a team or alone with exceptional organization skills and attention to detail.
- Must be computer literate, excel, word, PowerPoint and easily adapt to company specific systems (previous knowledge in WERS, AIMS, RMDV, ECR’s would be a benefit but not essential as training can be provided).
- Must have good presentation skills with the ability to clearly communicate at all levels within the company (production line to director level).
- Experience of project and/ or program management.
- Self-starter able to sustain a high, multitask workload. Combine Engineering with business skills.
- Strategic thinker and willing to develop their role for the progression of the commodity.
Previous work within a multidiscipline Engineering team.
- Experience of technical problem resolution. A knowledge of System validation processes.
- Prior knowledge and experience with High Voltage vehicle technology and applications.
- Experience with the following tools: 3D Experience /Catia V6, CatiaV5 Team Center, Database, ECR Database, Digital Buck, EDS-Designer, EDS 2D CAPITAL Toolset
- Understanding of Agile processes, principles and methodology including associated tools (e.g. Jira)
- Knowledge of failure mode avoidance and problem-solving tools such as Six Sigma, 8D and DMAIC.
- Leads and coordinates delivery of the EDS commodity including geometry, cost, weight, quality and functional performance.
- Working level understanding of merging logical data with mechanical data in alignment with Bill of Design (BoD), Bill of Process (BoP) and harness DFM requirements.
- Wiring harness manufacturing knowledge.
- Identify key EDS standards and design requirements.
- Lead DFMEA and Design Validation activities for EDS.
- Knowledge of 2D / 3D wiring harnesses geometry, change control, product definition and change management processes are desirable to support the review of feasible product actions.
- Ensure robust implementation and compatibility with downstream systems through production.
- Understands technical requirements for delivery of vehicle EDS.
- Develop and deliver strategies and processes to improve the EDS components.
- Create / provide all the required documentation / plans to support virtual builds & validation plans.
- In House Engineering, Supplier and EDS Tier 1 supplier meetings and collaboration.
- Part validation and sign off activities.