Envisage are a leading bespoke solutions provider based in Coventry, UK, but with an international footprint in the US and India, working closely with some of the world’s most prestigious OEM’s, offering elemental and complete package solutions. We are recruiting for a Technical Sales Manager based in the USA to manage and grow customer relationships, lead the technical sales process for all US opportunities, and identify strategies and actions to grow technical sales.
Scope & Responsibility
- Lead and implement the technical sales process for all US opportunities from initial identification to contract closure.
- Manage and grow Customer relationships (Prioritized Customer portfolio, Customer Satisfaction levels, VOC feedback and action, CRR’s, etc)
- Ensure customer expectations re: technical specifications, critical (valued) features, timing and target costs are clearly understood, communicated internally and externally, and managed appropriately.
- Lead Quote generations for customers (obtain approvals per standard processes), including aligning with business leads for pricing corridors etc.
- Identify strategies and actions to grow technical sales in the US, including aligning with US Recruitment sales leader and all UK business leaders to maximize Envisage US and global growth opportunities.
- CRM data input, maintenance and reporting for technical Sales US.
- Provide timely competitive market intelligence.
- Monitor legislative and market trends or movements and advise potential implications, positive and negative.
- Measure, track and manage to plan financial and operational goals/metrics, including customer satisfaction metrics.
- Provide technical sales forecast inputs for: weekly updates (stack Charts etc), 12 month rolling forecasts and long range (5 year) strategic planning.
- Meet with customers regularly to build relationships, gather VOC, identify RFQ’s, and conduct CRR’s.
- Create and communicate sales forecasts by OEM and product offering. Provide timely inputs to periodic reporting tools (stack charts etc)
- Work with finance and business leads to define pricing proposals and quotations. Obtain internal approval before submitting to customer.
- Work with business unit leads to maintain a prioritized list of opportunities by customer and product/solution offering.
- Obtain PO’s, LOC’s, and sales agreements with appropriate approvals within Envisage.
- Collaborate with all stakeholders (internal and external) to define strategies and actions that will drive sales growth.
- Work closely with US and UK teams to ensure excellent communication between customer(s) and Envisage.
- Keep CRM system up to date on OEM opportunities, wins, quotes, etc. for US technical sales.
- Provide periodic updates on competitive threats and opportunities (SWOT)
- Provide periodic updates on government policy that affects technical sales.
Education and Experience
- Technical undergraduate degree or similar.
- Minimum of 3-5 years of experience with a manufacturing business within the transportation sector (Automotive, Aerospace etc).
- Proven track record of leading/program managing the sales process from opportunity identification to contract closure.
- Ideally will be well connected within at least one transportation sector.
- Experienced in leading major strategy contract wins.
- Interpersonal communication.
- Professional presence
- Makes decisions/solves problems: Makes well‐informed and effective decisions/recommendations for addressing problems/opportunities within own area of responsibility.
- Drives for results: Takes quick, decisive action to capitalize on opportunities, minimize potential problems, and accomplish goals.