Production Planner West Sussex // Automotive // Permanent
Purpose of the role:
The Production Planner is responsible for creating and distributing a master planning schedule (MPS). Coordinating the various production requirements of the business into one MPS that is achievable. Generating the required works orders to allow for material delivery into the line.
- Understanding the available build slots, consolidate the demand of various projects into one MPS
- Regularly review the MPS and adjust accordingly to suit current demand
- Liaise with the Material Controllers to ensure inbound material matches the MPS for smooth production
- Raise Production Works Orders (PWO) for production vehicles
- Ensure that PWO’s are adjusted to reflect the current MPS
- Close PWO’s once vehicles complete to allow for invoicing
- Manage key stake holders from multiple programs at the same time
- Working with the Production Manager, ensure that adequate resource is available to support the MPS
- Ensure any change requests to BOM’s are reflected in the MPS based on material availability
- Support the Material Controllers when required with expediting, or shortage identifying
- As part of the Logistics team, work with the wider team to identify gaps and come up with solutions in the production planning element of the business
This job description is not an exhaustive list of duties, but it is intended to give a general indication of the range of work undertaken and will vary in detail in the light of changing demands and priorities within the Department. Any substantive changes in the range of work undertaken will be carried out in consultation with the job holder.
- Operations experience in low/medium volume automotive production.
- Experience of supply chain and planning
- Manufacturing background with qualification preferred, ideally to HNC level, or relevant experience
- Experience managing relationships with a broad range of stake holders, within all levels of the business.
- Understanding of system integration and configuration management.
- Possess drive, energy and enthusiasm to delivery within tight deadlines.
- Extensive experience of manufacturing support tools such as SAP & MRP.
- Competent in the composition of BoMs and Production Schedules.
- Risk and opportunity management.
- Current experience of manufacturing support activities.
- Current experience of production support within the automotive manufacturing or parts supply industry.
- Eligible for UK Security Clearance to minimum SC (‘Secret’) level.