Project Manager West Sussex // Available on Application // Permanent
This role is a senior position within the PMO team. All standard requirements of a Project Manager are retained, but the role also includes:
- - involvement in the strategic direction and continuous improvement of the PMO team
- - resource planning and the ability to manage direct reports or mentor and set the example to others within the team
- - closer involvement with sales strategies, capture planning and maximising future opportunities from a PMO perspective, with the associated interaction with important Customer during the bid stages accordingly
A self-motivated, experienced, flexible and competent Project Manager and team leader will thrive in this role. Someone who is capable of putting their stamp on the project and leading by example. Able to influence a positive, productive and enjoyable culture, they are also intuitive to Customer needs and driven to ensuring Customers receive the highest levels of service and support. Able to motivate and develop a direct report / team is key to success in this role.
- Degree level (or equivalent) in a technical related subject, or relevant practical experience.
- Professional project/programme management qualifications such as APMP, PRINCE 2 or UK MoD - Acquisition Employment Trained would be an advantage
- Relevant experience of delivering project management excellence, of a technical product in a technical environment, from concept phase through to prototyping and trials, and into production.
- Experience working within, and delivering products or services to, the Defence & Security Sector
- Commercial awareness, and experience dealing with Customers and understanding Customer needs
- Use of Microsoft Project to control, define and monitor progress against schedules.
- Use of project management software tools such as: SAP, ERP systems. Preferably a practical understanding of JIRA tools.
- Leads those around them and sets the example for other PMs / project team members to follow.
- Competent in Project Management techniques such as Critical Path, Agile and Pert Analysis
- Understanding of project life-cycle management.
- Experience of risk and opportunity management.
- Experience mentoring and managing direct reports / team members to get the best from them in a tough working environment
- Contract management experience; preferably Government contracts and their associated project delivery gateway methodologies.
- Experience of project financial management and KPI reporting.
- Experience dealing with and presenting to senior stakeholders