Stores Person West Sussex // TBC // Permanent
- Generating pick lists within the SAP Business 1 system
- Picking and issuing of material for the production line and/or external customers and suppliers
- Goods receipting as required
- Play an active part within the annual stock take activities
- General warehouse duties as required
- Housekeeping and maintenance of a clean and tidy work area
- Look to continuously improve all relevant methods of inventory control
- To understand and comply with Company policies and procedures including, but not limited to, ISO9001 and ISO14001.
This job description is not an exhaustive list of duties, but it is intended to give a general indication of the range of work undertaken and will vary in detail in the light of changing demands and priorities within the Department. Any substantive changes in the range of work undertaken will be carried out in consultation with the job holder.
- Counter Balance Fork Lift Truck Licence.
- IT literate with experience of inventory databases (SAP preferred) and standard Microsoft applications
- Understanding of automotive/mechanical component
- Experience of formal warehousing procedures
- Organised and accurate record-keeping
Key Relationships (Internal/External)
- Workshop, Supply Chain, Logistics
- Eligible for UK Security Clearance to minimum SC (‘Secret’) level.
- Customer focussed – displays pro-active approach to meeting both internal and external customer needs.
- Results-focussed – strong desire to achieve results and works hard to reach goals and targets. Seeks to achieve results which enhance business success.
- Flexibility – displays versatility and adaptability. Identifies need for change, develops new ideas, encourages and supports innovation. Reacts positively and with enthusiasm to change and improvement. Has capability to achieve results and manage workload even at peak of pressure. Self-manages to be highly effective even at times when workload is less.
- Professional – takes career seriously and considers the business dimensions of decisions carefully. Intellectually and analytically rigorous; displays high competence in chosen field and is trusted by the business to “do the right thing”.
- Integrity and morality – acts with scrupulous honesty with customers, colleagues, and suppliers and everyone else they come into contact with in the workplace.
- Communication and listening – strong interpersonal skills; the appropriate use of written, oral, non-verbal and listening skills, with an ability to persuasively impart information and pick up on underlying messages.
- Superior planning and organisation skills.
- Problem solving – displays logic, creativity and pragmatism in resolving problems, requiring little supervision and using disciplined problem-solving methods.
- Adaptability – the ability to react to different circumstances whilst maintaining composure and focus on objectives; can be relied upon in tough situations and is able to constructively challenge the status quo to facilitate appropriate change.
- Teamwork – a strong team player with the ability to recognise and manage the team dynamic; demonstrates the ability to understand others motivations and actively assess their strengths and weaknesses, is aware of others workloads and responds accordingly.