Chief Engineer - Seating West Sussex // To be Discussed on Application // Permanent
The Company is entering into a very exiting phase due to growth in its bespoke product development and survivability products. This growth is not forecast, it’s a reality with several fantastic projects already on the high-level plan. Projects include defence vehicles, low and medium volume along with survivability products.
To support this growth and be successful in the delivery of the projects the business needs to develop and mature its internal systems & organisational structure. Change is in the air for the company; as a result, this opportunity in particular will play a significant part in the re-structure and development of our core competence team.
The Product Development team is being transformed with the overall product and platform engineering expertise coming from the Chief Engineer team, led by the Head of Engineering. This role is further supported by dedicated Project and Design Engineers as well as access to engineering support functions such as Analysis, Test & Development, Certification & Safety and ILS, etc.
The Chief Engineer’s role will be to take on platform ownership of directed products. The scope of the role includes, but is not limited to; product configuration, concept generation and system leadership during all phases of product delivery from pre-bid through to series production. They hold overall product responsibility of engineering correctness of the product line and all of its supporting data.
A self-motivated, flexible and competent vehicle, survivability or seating systems engineer will thrive in this role. Someone who is capable of putting their stamp on their area as well as the business by way of influencing a positive, productive and enjoyable culture.
- Degree level (or equivalent) in an engineering, related subject or relevant experience.
- Automotive engineering expertise, from either an OEM or special purpose vehicle sector.
- Vehicle architecture knowledge.
- Interior component and system experience.
- A clear understanding of vehicle attribute management and delivery.
- Thorough understanding of engineering product delivery.
- Product configuration and value engineering.
- Team development and mentoring.
- Engineering problem solving.
- Industry knowledge, supply base and engineering resource support networks, your ‘black book’.