Buyer (Bids and Projects) West Sussex // Available upon Application // Permanent
Working with a Automotive/Defence client based in West Sussex to fulfill the role of Buyer (Bids and Projects). This will be on a permanent basis but they would also consider temporary.
- Point of contact for the project team, managing procurement dependencies across Quality, Product Development, Logistics, Production and Legal departments.
- Create the bid & project procurement strategies communicating clear cost, time and quality deliverables to key stakeholders.
- Support the sales function in winning new business through effective sourcing and accurate costing at early stages of product maturity.
- Creation and management of project budgets, establishing bill of materials costs at key stages of the product development cycle. Identification and pursuit of cost savings and efficiencies to exceed objectives.
- Lead the supplier nomination plan, ensuring robust evaluation of supply chain capacity and capability. Prioritising Engineering and Supplier Quality activities in line with supplier lead-times and stock-in-plant dates
- Subcontract management of key suppliers
- Work-package management and implementation of subcontracts to ensure commercial & technical specifications meet customer requirements
- Ensuring compliance to contract, leading regular multifunctional reviews
- Management of subcontract changes
- Management of subcontract risk and opportunities, developing mitigation strategies where necessary.
- Contract drafting and negotiation
- Lead the planning of materials requirements to production readiness and work collaboratively with the Logistics team to secure timely deliveries
- Ensure best practice manufacturing is embodied in to the design process through early supplier involvement and a collaborative design for manufacture approach.
- Resolution of project risks
This job description is not an exhaustive list of duties, but it is intended to give a general indication of the range of work undertaken and will vary in detail in the light of changing demands and priorities within the department. Any substantive changes in the range of work undertaken will be carried out in consultation with the job holder.
- CIPS preferred or currently studying for CIPS.
- Proven supply chain management experience within automotive , engineering and manufacturing industries
- An excellent understanding of technical drawings, design intent and manufacturing processes.
- Ability to manage low-level maturity design and skilled in cost estimating.
- Planning & implementation skills, able to deliver to tight deadlines.
- Strong negotiator.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of SAP and similar ERP systems
- Full driving licence.
- Eligible for UK Security Clearance to minimum SC level.