Colour and Materials Designer Warwick // Available On Application // ContractPosition Description:
Our client is searching for highly skilled and creative Colour & Materials Designer to join the team based in Gaydon, Warwickshire.
To be part of a world class design team delivering the client’s new global strategy. A sustainability-rich reimagination of modern luxury, unique customer experiences, and positive societal impact. This Senior Designer role will be focused on a specific product optimisation programme. Ignite involves a great deal of collaborating with a quick turnaround working with interior Design teams, exterior Design team’s, across car line Programme teams, Marketing, Design Technical teams, Perceived Quality, Purchasing and Engineering as well as the Ignite team themselves. You will be required to forge extensive networks within the business.
Idea Generation - A requirement of the role is the need to hold an extensive/broad knowledge of Colour and Materials along with an understanding of the company Design programme and Brand strategies. You will be expected to work within extremely tight time scales, with individual Design teams to analyse and propose potential product cost and optimisation opportunities and value management workstreams, including tough choice scenarios for escalation through Design before Ignite team adoption.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Outlook/Teams/PowerPoint).
- Proficient in Adobe Photoshop.
- Excellent English communication skills.
- Overview Cont Idea Evaluation.
- Attend clinics, meetings, reviews and select Colour and Materials proposals to feedback initial declarations of potential acceptability for the carline and/or brand.
- Carry out benchmarking investigations, material analysis, complexity studies and strategy evaluation to support Design stance on ideas.
- Provide initial response on feasibility and triage ideas for implementation.
- Approval and Realisation Create presentations and assets, often taking complex information and presenting it in a simple way to communicate, review and escalate.
- Manage cadence of meetings and ensure full Design approval is received prior to Ignite team feedback.
- Track Ignite proposal implementation and ensure approved ideas are communicated with the C & M team along with updated Design Intents and Releases applicable to the correct Model Year or timing.
- Work cooperatively and flexibly with the C & M managers and Designers to ensure there is design support for the C&M document updates.
- Design Degree qualified or equivalent experience required.
- At least 2 years automotive industry experience required.
- Proven creative and presentation skills, including advanced use of Photoshop and software and ability to use internet resources appropriately for research purposes.
- A good understanding of product and automotive design combined with good aesthetic judgement, colour vision and colour perception.
- Knowledge of automotive materials, processes and suppliers with a high degree of competitor awareness.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to relate to and communicate at all levels.
- Capable of working with minimal supervision to meet objectives.
- Passion for Colour and Material Technology and Design as evidenced by up to date in field literature, innovations and Trends Proven ability to plan and undertake projects to a strict deadline.
- Proven ability to adjust to changing design, feasibility and cost requirements.
- Additional software skills like VRED.
- Additional video editing software skills such as Final cut pro.
- A valid driving license will be required as the designer may be required to travel to client production facilities or other suppliers.
- The end client have carried out an assessment on this role which falls INSIDE IR35.