CAD Engineer Warwick // Available On Application // ContractPosition Description:
Our client is searching for highly skilled and experienced CASTEC Modeller to join their Design team.
This role is to assist our technical modelling team whose primary goal is the development of 3D Digital data sets for construction of full size and scale models to support the design process, including development of Armatures for both Hard and Clay properties, individual standalone models and components to support design modelling.
The role requires an enthusiastic self-motivated team player, flexible in their approach to work and capable of assisting to ensure the tasks are achieved against set targets, who is able to adapt to new technologies being introduced into the modelling process.
An individual who works independently, is results driven, demonstrating tenacity, drive and perseverance, with the ability to deliver operational plans in a complex, highly demanding environment. Enthusiastic who responds constructively to new ideas and inputs.
A good communicator with the ability to communicate complex ideas, an effective team player who actively develops and supports team members.
- Previous Experience of 3D modelling tool set (Catia V5/6).
- Minimum 3 year experience of 3D Enovia and be computer literate (Windows Excel etc).
- A Clear understanding of 3D modelling within a design environment with the ability develop data sets to support the manufacture of physical properties.
- Understanding build and assembly strategies.
- The ability to work within an extremely fluctuating environment, supporting our customers within Design including Clay and Hard modelling, both internal and external suppliers.
- The successful candidate would be fluent in the use of CATIA software with 3-5 years’ experience preferably in the Automotive sector.
- Primary role would be developing from A-Surface data, the armature structure B-Surf stacking faces, including location dowel positions and material off-sets were required an understanding of materials, build and machining strategies are essential.
- The ability to develop documentation to support build team is also fundamental to the role.
The end client have carried out an assessment on this role which falls INSIDE IR35.