Bespoke Electrical Project Engineer West Sussex // PAYE/UMB (INSIDE IR35) // Contract
Bespoke Electrical Project Engineer
INSIDE IR35 – Contract
Duration: 6 months
This is an ongoing project and will continue to run past 6 months.
The Bespoke Electrical Project Engineer role is responsible for the management and delivery of Electrical/Electronic component and system development activities across the relevant multi-departmental process-chain to ensure on time introduction and integration into Bespoke vehicle content. The position is responsible for project planning and delivery of electrical/electronic engineering activities to the required detail in support of the tasks assigned by the Lead Engineer
Key accountabilities / experience required includes:
- To manage and carry out electrical/electronic engineering activities including; Researching initial Concepts, Engineering Costing, Engineering Design, Risk Analysis, Centre of Competence Alignment, Test Planning & Validation, Project Planning and on-time Release of product parameters (product properties & function, costs, weight, quality, timing) as defined by feature sheets assigned by the Lead Engineer.
- Familiar with Electronics Hardware design & manufacturing processes, including schematics & pcba
- Electronics Laboratory skills, including use of scopes, signal generators, Vector CAN tool set
- Familiar with Automotive Software development processes & Functional Modelling techniques
- Complex Problem Investigation techniques, Problem Resolution & Reporting,
- Working closely with Suppliers & managing the supplier to deliver to plan.
Additional responsibilities can include:
- To lead the design & development of the bespoke components including the generation of BoM, Specification documents, checking of CAD Data & wiring/pinning drawings and prepare information for Engineering System Release
- To communicate with Series engineering stakeholders to agree the required Legal, Safety & group requirements the component or feature must adhere to & ensure the component designs are integrated within the series product packaging
- To lead the Electrical Simultaneous Engineering Team for a commodity, carry out project management activities within the team of stakeholders from other functions and mediate any conflicts within the process chain.
- Establishing, agreeing, documenting tasks and requirements and assigning them to the correct stakeholders within the "Bespoke Engineering Team" and supporting the tasks assigned from the Lead Engineer
- To financially evaluate bespoke features for Engineering relevant budget costs including Make-or-Buy, Testing, Engineering Manpower, Development Materials, etc, and manage the budget in the feature sheets as the project develops.
- Creation & maintenance of the necessary risk analysis steps, including Risk filters, DFMEAs, and ensure associated Legal, Safety & Group standard requirements are brought into DVPs, Specifications, and other engineering documents
- To ensure requirements required for manufacture are implemented into the design and associated documents
- To determine the required quality requirements from an engineering perspective working with design & quality functions
- To validate the product to all homologation/Legal Regulation requirements before preparing information for Engineering Release.
- To create and maintain project status information to support the reporting objectives of the Lead Engineer as required.
- To continually improve department processes and process “Building Blocks” in conjunction with colleagues throughout the complete bespoke organisation
- To actively participate in departmental strategic improvements and initiatives
This is an ongoing project and the contract will continue to run past 6 months
What we're looking for
Qualifications & Experience Required:
- Degree in Electrical Engineering, Automotive Engineering, or equivalent
- 3 years’ experience in an Automotive Engineering Electrical/Electronic development environment
- Knowledge of Automotive Manufacturing End of Line and Configuration Processes for electrical components.
- Experience in automotive electrical engineering project engineering and leading cross-functional teams (without man-management responsibility)
- Knowledge of international automotive legislation and homologation requirements relating to electrical content Skills Required:
- Practical experience in design and construction of prototype hardware for Concept investigations and potential ‘verification test’ simulation equipment.
- Laboratory skills with Electrical/Electronic tools such as DMM, Oscilloscope, Spectrum analyser, vehicle bus network simulation tools such as CANoe.
- Experience of Electronics Hardware design to meet RFI and EMC requirements.
- Knowledge and experience of modelling real-time systems (e.g. Task-models, timing, system description, Simulation etc).
- Working knowledge of embedded programming: C, C++
- Ability to carry out Programming and Parameterisation development of electrical ECUs/Drivers/Systems
For more information, please get in touch.