This is an exciting opportunity for a newly qualified apprentice or junior level paint technician with an NVQ or equivalent qualification to join a busy Paint Development team as a Junior Paint Technician, working on high end, bespoke projects. Delivering a right first-time, first class paint/surface finish.
The ideal candidate should have basic knowledge in preparation and priming of various substrates, with ambitions to work towards the role of Lead Paint Technician.
This role is offered as a permanent contract with 38 hours of work per week.
Roles and Responsibilities
- To assist in the preparation and priming of multiple substrates (eg. 3D prints, model boards, clay models, metals, composites and plastics etc.)
- With support from other technicians, work towards applying top coats on anything from small components to full size models.
- To assist with mixing paints following safety and technical data sheets.
- Mask appropriate areas as required.
- Take responsibility for the projects that you are working on.
- Maintain paint and prep areas to a high degree of cleanliness.
- Finish to required standards set by customer.
- Follow work instructions and quality control processes.
- Follow all established safety procedures.
- Support Senior Paint Technicians.
Technical Requirements – Essential
- Basic knowledge of preparation and priming.
- Willingness to work flexible hours to meet deadlines
- Ambitions to become a Lead Paint Technician
Technical Requirements – Desirable
- Knowledge of topcoat application
- Basic understanding of paint mixing
Competencies – Essential
- Product knowledge and industry experience
- Strong relationship building