The UK facility is leading the development of new vehicle designs and assisting the parent company with the development of a coherent design language across product range. The Lead CMF designer will be part of a creative team that is responsible for designing the future of company vehicles. She/he will work on multiple projects, including both concept and production, contributing to the development and ongoing improvement of our world class UK Design operations.
Main Activities & Tasks
- Contribute to the global CMF strategy by feeding major shifts or trends from a European perspective.
- Benchmark their competition and understand target customer.
- Have a wider, more strategic view on CMF concepts and projects.
- Have a great drive to push the boundaries to achieve best possible CMF visions.
- Lead CMF concept creation and and see it through to production.
- Lead Advanced Annual process projects as well as concept and production projects.
- Actively research latest CMF enabling technology and propose best CMF solution.
- Develop supplier relationships and generate new resources for materials.
- Exceptional Visualisation skills.
- Able to put together logical and convincing CMF contents and present to Senior Management Level
- Coordinate multiple CMF projects.
- Strong leadership to deliver Projects and mentoring junior designers.
- Understand and contribute toward evolving CMF strategy and lead implementation.
- Fluent in each gateway deliverables and make sure the requirements are met.
- Understand Engineering and business criteria (production and competitiveness) and negotiate changes with the core projects members with attention to timing, budget, and design excellence.
- Lead CMF release alignment activities in and outside of design.
- Reporting project status & research results to CMF head regularly.
- Able to seek and obtain input and support from various company departments for CMF related issues.
- Compiles and updates CMF brochures in maximum accuracy.
- Able to approve CMF brochure contents.
- Have In depth knowledge on principal CMF materials & CMF enabling technology and able to provide best creative solutions.
The above list of duties is not exhaustive and is subject to change. The post holder may be required to undertake others duties within the scope and grading of the post.
Other Features of Role
- Some travel to suppliers and overseas studios may be required.
- Excellent insight, expertise and understanding of manufacturing, Processes and materials
- Team player and able to take directions from senior management.
- Be open minded and able to embrace different cultures working in a multicultural environment.
- Promote growth and develop talent within your design team