- Working closely with the members of the Offline Vehicle Team to diagnose and repair high-quality production vehicles – this could include mechanical (up to and including powertrain removals), electrical and body panel removal refit.
- Co-ordinate personal vehicle reworks in an effective and intelligent manner.
- Manage conflicting priorities within tight deadlines to meet overall objectives.
- Develop a good working relationship with members of the core team to ensure effective problem resolution and efficient communication of technical issues.
- Completely and accurately manage documentation for robust record keeping and sign off.
- Deliver vehicles to the production centre at the highest quality of mechanical and aesthetical standards.
- Ensure best working practices in regard to Health and Safety.
- Have a flexible approach to working within the wider team and be willing to perform additional workshop-based duties when required.
Knowledge, skills & experience:
- Level 3 Motor Vehicle Qualified, or relevant experience are both advantageous and preferred.
- Extensive vehicle build experience, from whole-vehicle down to component level
- A comprehensive knowledge of vehicle architecture and a competent knowledge base in the safe use and operation of supporting automotive equipment
- Experience and an ability to contribute to component and system fault diagnosis.
- Good degree of computer literacy.
- Ability to interpret engineering specifications and drawing and or build instructions.
- Able to contribute to continuous improvement and identify areas that can improve workshop efficiency