- Undertake the exterior prepping of vehicles for paint & polish using the correct materials and tools
- Understand and follow detailed work instructions relating to the painting of vehicles
- Ensure that all station operations on each vehicle are completed to the required quality standard
- Ensure that all operations are completed to the required timescale
- Work as part of a team on the definition and solution of problems that may be affecting the quality, cost or productivity of the vehicles being produced
- Participate in continuous improvement activities as requested
- Inspect finished vehicles to ensure no defects, perfect finish every time
- The candidate should be confident using all the necessary tools and materials, have experience with or be happy with working in a modern OEM.
- Ensure there are no defects on work produced
- Adhere to all requirements for hazardous or non-hazardous waste disposal
Knowledge, skills & experience:
- Experience of working within an automotive environment would be an advantage.
- Prior experience of working to timescales would be advantageous
- Prior experience of Quality focused with meticulous attention to detail would be an advantage
- Prior experience of working with Carbon Fibre materials would be an advantage
- Ability to follow processes set in place
- Undertake the exterior polishing of vehicles using the correct materials and tools would be an advantage
- Prior experience with Inspecting finished vehicles to ensure no defects, perfect finish every time
- Prior experience of flattening, polishing, and touching up is desirable
- Prior experience of maintaining and cleaning equipment is an advantage
- Prior experience on ensuring there are no defects on work produced is an advantage
- An excellent team player who both supports and challenges where appropriate in a constructive manner.
- Resilient and confident.
- Thrives in a fast-paced high-pressured environment.
- Results focused and actively seeks to measure their performance and impact on the business.
- The candidate must be enthusiastic, self-motivated
Salary rate according to shift – Early shift: £17.60p/h PAYE, or £23.20p/h Umbrella. Late shift: £20.00p/h PAYE, or £26.37p/h Umbrella