- End-to-end owner that designs, executes, and delivers portions of General Assembly conveyance systems, automation cells, process equipment/tooling, and processes
Integrate new vehicle models and variants into existing facilities
- Implement line re-rate projects
- Assist in the development of assembly process flow, build sequence and logistics strategies to optimize for direct labor, quality, safety, and other KPIs
- Manage equipment suppliers/partners during RFQ, design, buy-off, installation, commissioning, and ramp up
- Develop and execute equipment qualification plans including correlation, process capability (CP/CPK), and Gage Repeatability / Reproducibility (GR&R)
- Provide input into the continuous evolution of equipment standards
- Partner with Product Design and Operations teams to ensure successful ramp and long-term sustained production
- Ensure achievement of safety, quality, cost, timing & performance targets
- Provide regular, metric-based project updates to the management team.
- Challenge assumptions that are not backed up by a thorough engineering evaluation
- Conduct Design for Manufacturing and Assembly (DFMA) studies and feedback to Product Design teams, drive content reduction and simplifications
- Provide input into the continuous evolution of DFMA standards
- Lead new product virtual builds and participates in early prototype builds to validate manufacturability and processes
- Support systems integration and automation – PLM, SAP, MES, etc
- Be part of a world-class engineering team, with a focus on high-quality work and rapid project deployment.